|I can not be trusted around poultry|
- Never use chicken wire, use strong wire that is used for cattle. (No chicken wire ever, chicken wire is a death sentence for your birds)
- Do not leave the top of the house or run uncovered, it has to have a roof or a heavy duty wire top.
- Do not leave small openings or gaps unless they are covered with wire.
- Always put several locks or latches that are difficult to open. (Raccoons have hands like monkeys and can figure out how to open certain latches)
- Cover the ground around the outside of the house where they sleep at night (locked in) with wire or metal so that the raccoons can not dig under.
- Always lock all doors to the house where they sleep right at dusk because raccoons come out at night and sometimes they arrive early.
- Remember the words "Fort Knox" when you build your coop/hen house.
|I am a chicken guardian dog|