Roasted Free Ranged Guinea Fowl
- 2 Free Ranged Guinea Fowl
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 3 sage leaves
- 1 sprig rosemary
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 3 T olive oil
- 6 slices of bacon
- Pre-heat the oven to 350°f.
- COMBINE 2 slices of bacon, garlic, sage, and the leaves of the rosemary and chop until the mixture is very fine. Add a little salt and pepper and combine with 1 T of the oil. Rub the outside of each bird with this mixture and lay in a roasting pan that will just hold them. Drape 2 bacon slices over the top of each breast and sprinkle with a little more salt and pepper.
- Roast for 1 and a half hours and baste with more olive oil as needed. If the juices run clear when the meat is pierced with a fork, the bird is done.
- Delicious served with Braised lentils.
1 small bag of lentils
2 sticks of celery finely chopped
1 small onion finely chopped
1 small bell pepper
2 carrots finely chopped
2 cloves of garlic finely chopped
1 Bay Leaf
1tsp of sea salt
dash of pepper
- Fry the onions, celery, carrots, bell pepper, and garlic in olive oil
- Add the lentils, bay leaf, salt, pepper, and enough water to cover
- Simmer for 30 minute until softened
- Serve with a sprinkling of fresh parsley