Friday, October 8, 2010

October Pumpkin Bread and a Latte

 I was dreaming of savory hot pumpkin bread today while I was working on the chicken coops and this recipe popped into my head. I have perfected this over the years so that it is tasty and good for you at the same time. I harvested some pumpkins earlier this year and froze some of the pulp for this occasion.

My other treat is my great do it yourself pumpkin spice latte recipe. No need to go to Starbucks. Let me know how your bread turned out I would like to hear from you.



October Pumpkin Bread

3½ cups whole wheat flour
2 teaspoons baking soda
1½ teaspoons salt
 2 teaspoons cinnamon
 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
 1 teaspoon cloves
 2 cups sugar
 1 cup of honey
 1 cup canola oil (substitute with 1 cup of applesauce to make it even healthier)
 4 *eggs (I use fresh brown eggs or duck eggs)
 2 cups canned pumpkin or fresh *pumpkin that has been boiled, and mashed
1/2 cup walnuts
1/2 cup *raisens


Preheat oven to 180 °, Sift dry ingredients together, Mix pumpkin, water, oil and eggs together in another bowl. Pour into dry mixture and mix well. Pour into 2 greased 9x5x3-inch loaf pans. Bake 1 hour and 15 minutes or until toothpick inserted in middle of loaf comes out clean. Cool before removing from pans

Your Own Pumpkin Spice Latte

1 shot of expresso; or use strong brewed coffee
1 cup of milk
3 Tbsp sugar-free Torani Pumpkin Spice Syrup
2 tsp vanilla extract
cinnamon-sugar (optional)

Brew the espresso as usual, or brew strong coffee. Froth milk in 2 mugs. Warm frothed milk in microwave if desired. Pour 1 1/2 Tbsp of syrup into each mug. Add vanilla if desired. Pour espresso or coffee into each mug through the foam. Sprinkle tops with cinnamon sugar if desired.

No comments:

Post a Comment